AFWERX is a product of the Air Force, directly envisioned by Secretary of the Air Force Heather Wilson. Her vision of AFWERX is to solve some of the toughest challenges that the Air Force faces through innovation and collaboration amongst our nation’s top subject matter experts. The world is changing quickly — new technologies, new threats and new opportunities.
AFWERX taps into the power of creativity and empowers intentional innovation that unleashes emergent approaches for the warfighter through a community of intrapreneurs, industry, academia, and non-traditional contributors. AFWERX has the ability to bring together our nation’s best and brightest to collaborate, innovate, fabricate, and present accelerated results to the United States Air Force to better serve our #1 customer: the warfighter and operators in the Air Force.
How to Collaborate
Whether you are from the Air Force, Industry, Academia or other military branches, start by completing the form below to join our ecosystem to let us know what you can bring to AFWERX and stay in the loop on upcoming events and opportunities.
- Visit https://usaf.ideascalegov.com/ and register for the Air Force’s ideation platform.
- Submit any innovative ideas for improving Air Force technology, processes or culture to the AF Spark Tank 2019 challenge.
- Review the resources and educational materials we have gathered on innovation.
- Visit https://www.afwerxchallenge.com/ to learn about open challenge opportunities.
- For start-ups and small businesses, review the upcoming Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program open topics for opportunities relevant to your technology.