Interested in how other squadrons are innovating? Need to figure out how to use the Innovation Funds?
Squadron Innovation Initiative Examples
- 480 ISR – How We Innovate
- 480th ISR Wing – Innovation Vignettes
- 99th Reconnaissance Wing – Innovation Framework and Vignettes
- 60th Air Mobility Wing – Innovation Vignettes
- Spark One Pager
Complete this form to submit any questions related to the Squadron Initiative.
Established in 2017 by the SECAF and reporting to the Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force, AFWERX is a catalyst for agile Air Force engagement across industry, academia, and non-traditional contributors to create transformative opportunities and foster an Air Force culture of innovation.
Our core mission is to improve Air Force capabilities by connecting innovators, simplifying technology transfer, and accelerating results. We will accomplish this by:
- Connecting diverse, innovative members from industry, academia and government
- Creating capabilities options and prototype opportunities for the Air Force
- Facilitating streamlined acquisition processes
- Fostering a culture of innovation in the Airmen